[TriLUG] VMWare pricing

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 09:00:44 EDT 2001

"Rev. Christian J Hedemark" wrote:
> $300 for that is highway robbery.

Maybe I'm the only one...but I think $300 is quite reasonable
pricing.  At less than $1/day over a year, the time it saves
me in rebooting (in a dual-boot configuration) is well
worth the price.  If you prefer the dual machine option, the
expense of maintaining another piece of hardware (backups,
desk space, etc) must also considered -- in addition to the
cost of the hardware.

As a developer who must support multiple platforms (mostly
Windows) but prefers to develop under linux...I think it
gives me a good ROI.

just my $.02

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com