[TriLUG] opposing the SSSCA

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 15 00:50:15 EDT 2001

The latest issue of Wired magazine (which I received free to cover my
subscription to Maximum Linux) has a very long and interesting article on
this legislation complete with a chart of how many times you'll have to pay
for stuff residing on your computer if it passes!! Also check out the stupid
article on the attempt to turn Linux into a competitive desktop alternative.
I have several problems with the latter since it seems to be written by
someone who thinks Microsoft has already won that battle. It's interesting
that I couldn't find any references to Mandrake-Linux in the entire article.
The author clearly doesn't know what she's talking about!!