[TriLUG] Building a load balanced web cluster

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 14:22:42 EDT 2001

I ran my ipchains rules before my LVS rules, but as I understand it, both
programs are just manipulating ip-kernel tables.  It is the kernel tables
that actually filter or pass on the packets, not ipchains or ipvsadm.

The main gotcha from the lists, seems to be folks using the Masq option and
forgetting to set the internal machines to use the director as their
gateway.

Send me a map of your setup and I'll be happy to help.  BTW: what kernel are
you using, and does it have the VS patches added?  One of the main reasons I
used the VA Linux 6.2.4 install is that it has all the patches already
applied and the kernel is designed for running the LVS...

Jon