[TriLUG] A summary of Microsoft's recent activies

Chris Merrill cmerrill at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 18 15:20:14 EDT 2001

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/01/09/17/010917opfoster.xml

I hope this isn't considered off-topic for this group.
Since everything Microsoft does has an effect on
the world that we LUGers have to inhabit...I thought
some of you might find this article interesing...there's
no 'new' information...but when you start putting
the pieces together...the M$ strategy becomes much
more clear.

How does it affect _me_ as a Linux user/developer?
It makes me confident that the migration of businesses
away from Windows will continue to grow...and there
aren't many other OSes to chose from (besides Linux).

Chris Merrill
cmerrill at nc.rr.com