[TriLUG] earthlink to offer cable option

Jonathan Magid jem at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:59:11 EDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:

> When reading that, they mean North Chatham - the areas closest to
> orange county that already have Time Warner. Those of us south of
> Pittsboro, where Cable fears to tread (3 miles from town! You'd think,
> but no...) and DSL is a pipe dream, are still stuck on ISDN or 56K.

Ah, Kevin- the grass is always greener, isn't it? I live in North Chatham,
and we get no cable. No cable modem, no cable tv. I've heard that it
matters what side of 15-501 you live on. To the west, cable city. To the
east, cable desert.

> Although if Time warner said they could give me a cable, I'd be
> on it like white on rice. But no digital cable - I just want the high
> speed access.

Count me in. :)

cheers,
jem.
--
Global Village Idiot
Email: jem at sunsite^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmetalab^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hibiblio.org