[TriLUG] earthlink to offer cable option

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Thu Sep 27 12:39:06 EDT 2001

On Thursday 27 September 2001 04:11 pm, you wrote:
>   story in today's n&o, page 1d, reports that earthlink will start
> offering its own high-speed access to triangle residents over
> time warner's cable lines.

I've been a Mindspring/Earthlink customer for almost two years.  Less than a
month after I switch to RoadRunner, Earthlink starts to offer cable access.
*sigh*

>   among other places, it will be available in chatham and orange
> counties, and will cost $41.95 per month, compared to $44.95 for
> tw's roadrunner.

Note that, at least in the Wake Forest area, road runner is closer to
$60/month if you don't also subscribe to at least basic cable service.  For
those of us who don't watch TV, that's would be a substantial savings if
Earthlink is truly just $42/month.

---Tom