[TriLUG] Hello TriLUG

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 29 12:39:26 EDT 2001

Hi Haim,

If you're looking here for a booming job market look elsewhere.  The
triangle got hammered by Nortel, Cisco and the dotbomb layoffs.
Charlotte seems to have a lot of activity and before September, New York
seemed rather strong.  (I'm no expert this is based on what recruiters
call me trying to get me to move wherever.)  Some areas of Virgina are
agressively recruiting, but probably because they are in the middle of
nowhere.

That being said the lug here is really good.  If you're single though,
the social seen won't really compare to South Beach ;-) .

If you move here, I'd move to Chapel Hill if you rent.  If you buy, move
to Durham county (houses in chapel hill cost too much).  Chapel Hill is
where most of the arts are, and Durham is more family oriented (though
there are good and bad parts of durham).

Either way, welcome.

-Andy