[TriLUG] Link to the new version of Star Office ver. 6.0 beta

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 5 01:11:29 EDT 2001

I haven't checked this out yet, due to a lack of time, but I thought y'all
might like to have the link. I hope there are Linux and Windows versions.
The latter so that another nail can be put in Microsoft's coffin!! by a REAL
Harvard graduate :-)

http://www.sun.com/staroffice/6.0beta/

StarOffice has jumped to the front of the pack of free office suites, but
version 5.2 left a little to be desired in terms of feature sets and
compatibility, but following about 45 minutes of tire-kicking in the 6.0
Beta, I actually feel like I could dump Microsoft Office and get along fine
just using StarOffice. I'm far from an Office expert, but I do use it
frequently, and everything I do is available in StarOffice... at least that
I've been able to think of so far. If you don't mind Beta software, take the
time to download the 95MB package and see what you think