[TriLUG] Kernel 101 the opensource presentation

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 21:19:43 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Since I'm kinda doing all this in a rush, and more than one person
seemed to eye the fact I did not already have "notes" available with
suspicion (gee I wonder why) ;-), I'm open sourcing my presentation.
(You can get the notes in advance...)

This is a first draft.  I JUST finished it (except for the other
resources page because it will be compiled from my bookmarks and the
grub page because I left it at work).  Tomorrow I'm going to setup the
laptop I'll be using and then I'll iron out wrinkles.

On that note, yes there are 17 different ways to compile the kernel.
This is just the way I tend to do it (because its quick and works 99% of
the time without me having to think too hard).  Keeping that in mind
feel free to offer corrections, fix all my grammar and spelling, etc.

So without further ado ->
http://www.superlinksoftware.com/kernel101/Presentation-main.html

<rant>
The latest build of OpenOffice sucks!  My StarOffice got hosed somehow
(its leaving the title screen up modal).  So I thought, hell I'll just
upgrade to OpenOffice which Slash dot lied and said it had a new
release-release out.  It ALWAYS uses extended characters that aren't
ASCII or standard Linux!!!!  I couldn't get the thing to do a multiuser
install.  It really annoyed the heck out of me.  I think I may create a
project to add auto html writing features to vi.  grrr.
</rant>

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com