[TriLUG] Want to remove case sensitivity from Apace (or Filesystem)

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Oct 10 16:53:40 EDT 2001

We are moving our Corp website over from IIS to Apache (just like the
Gartner group recommended!).  Currently our users have no problems with case
sensitivity because Windows is case insensitive - of course who would expect
sensitivity from Microsoft!

Apache (running on Linux) is case sensitive.  This is causing us some grief!
Does anyone know of a simple work-around that does not impact performance?

Thanks - Jon Carnes

Example of problem:
   http://hahtweb.haht.com/sap  (does NOT work)
   http://hahtweb.haht.com/SAP  (does work)

mod_rewrite may do what I'm looking for, but I've never used it... though I
am loading it.