[TriLUG] IMAP client

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Thu Oct 11 11:51:54 EDT 2001

Bill Vinson [billvinson at nc.rr.com] wrote:
> Mutt works very well.  Configuration can be a bit of a pain, but other
> than that it is a great client.  Make sure you get the development
> version as it has much better IMAP support and is very stable...

I'm still on 1.2... I tried upgrading to 1.3.x and, after upping my
configuration, everything worked, but was DOG slow.  It seemed to have
doubled the time it takes for me to access any of my IMAP folders.  I
had to revert to get it to be usable... and this is over a compressed
SSH tunnel, so I'm already getting a speed boost from that.

Have you (or any other mutt IMAP users) run into this?

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/