[TriLUG] RedHat 7.1 ISOs don't work...

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Oct 19 09:56:42 EDT 2001

On Friday 19 October 2001 09:39 am, you wrote:
> Me & a friend have burned 5 RedHat 7.1 isos on two separate pc's and none
> work.  We tried the ISOs from Trilugs mirror and one from RedHat but they
> all will either crashes my pc as Adaptec CD Creator finishes or cause my
> Win box to reboot spontaneously on reading the cd.  Any ideas?  Does
> adaptec software not like the 7.1 ISOs?

Do you test the ISO files first with md5sum?

A really annoying problem is getting a huge file from internet that it is not
exactly equal to the one in the FTP server. I hated when I got different md5
sums 3 times in a row when downloading Mandrake 8.1 !!! arghhh!!!

On Linux:

1.-Download the file (+/-650 MB each)
2.-Download the md5sums text file (+/- 1 Kb)
3.-[sinner at sal10000 isos]$md5sum RedHat-7.1-Disc-01-i386.iso (or whatever the
name is)
4.-compare result with md5sum file (use diff and cat)
5.-If the long hexadecimal string is equal in both cases, burn the image. If
it is not, well, rm -f and wget again.

On Windows:

google for a md5 checker program for Windows and do something similar to the
Linux thing on Windows.

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"