[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Liyun Yu yu at radonc.unc.edu
Fri Oct 26 11:18:34 EDT 2001

al johson wrote:

> e.g. China (which is a huge market for any software company, esp. Microsoft)
> are definitely turning towards Linux strictly because it is a cheaper
> system. Greed may do Bill Gates' company in after all. :-)

I visited China in 1999 and noticed that there was a Chinese version of Linux
(it was at release 0.0.2 or something like that). The character system would be
very big challenge to the Chinese version of Linux applications and the OS
itself.
I believe that the embedded Linux would also have a huge market there as well,
maybe even larger than the desktop market based on some estimations.

--Liyun