[TriLUG] different versions of 7.2 for sale]

Brent Fox bfox at linuxheadquarters.com
Mon Oct 29 20:32:49 EST 2001

Hi Roy,

    I work for Red Hat on the installer (and various config tools), and I'm
curious as to what people like better about the Mandrake installer.  At the
end of every release, I do a comparative analysis on the installers for many
other OSes (various Linux distros, Solaris x86, various Windows versions,
etc.) to try to determine areas in which we are lacking.  I do this because I
want our installer (and our OS as a whole) to be the best one available.

Specifically, how is Mandrake's installer easier to use?  How does it help
you better understand what you are installing?

So I guess the question isn't just to Roy, but to everybody:
  What can we do to make the Red Hat Linux installer better?

Cheers,
  Brent