[TriLUG] ICCA Meeting Nov. 6 on Linux Consulting needs panelists

Don Brady dbrady at pobox.com
Tue Oct 30 02:36:16 EST 2001

Hi,

  The Independent Computer Consultants Association RTP Chapter (
http://www.rtp-icca.org ) would like to devote its Tues. Nov. 6 meeting to
Linux and Linux Consulting.

  We are planning a panel discussion on Linux Consulting, and would really
appreciate having some people from the Linux Group agree to take part on
the panel (along with at least one ICCA member - Andy Hunt).

  I think the panel can cover topics such as the following.  How much
experience does it take to be a Linux Consultant?  How much demand is
there?  What Linux skills are needed more than others?  Systems
Administration versus Programming?  How much to charge?  etc.

  If you might be willing to participate, or know someone who might be,
please let me know and I will give you more information.

  We may also include a separate "Introduction to Linux" talk in the first
"BOF" hour of the meeting, if someone might do that.  Or maybe "What's New
in Linux".  Or "Why Linux is better than Windows".  Or a demo.  Lots of fun
all around.

  Of course we will also plug the LUG.

  So please email me if you might be willing to take part.

  Thanks,

  Don