[TriLUG] Another 'New Dell' question

Geoffrey Douglas Purdy gdpurdy at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 30 16:06:08 EST 2001

Justin,

'df -h' should tell you how much space you have.

I recall having a similar problem installing RH7.1 on several Dell
PowerEdge servers.  We were partitioning a large RAID array into a small
(50 Mb) boot partition and a single large (>100 Gb) partition.  When
partitioned with Disk Druid, only ~20 GB of the 100+ Gb partition was
available.  We instead partioned with fdisk and were able to access the
full disk space.

Since partitioning with fdisk worked, I never looked into the problem in
greater detail.  This may or may not be helpful for your situation.

Good luck,

-Geoff