[TriLUG] Another 'New Dell' question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 01:25:52 EST 2001

> Here's another question. Since this is an internal 'test' machine,
> would it hurt anything for me to re-install Red Hat and partition it as:
>
> /boot 64MB
> /SWAP 1GB (2X Mem)
> / rest of drive

Depends on what you are testing.  That should be fine if you just want a
Linux box to play with and don't care about real-world scenarios...

If you ever intend to upgrade the system (and keep its data intact) then
you are not going to be happy with this config.  You should at least make a
seperate "/home" partition that will be large enough to house any data or
configs that you might want to keep during the install of a new OS.

Just a thought - Jon