[TriLUG] Audio (CD Ripping) docs?

Brent Fox bfox at linuxheadquarters.com
Sat Nov 3 20:02:50 EST 2001

MP3 files are comparable in quality to the .wav files, except that they are
smaller in size.  There are a number of excellent MP3 players for Linux, XMMS
seems to be the most popular.
You can use a program called Grip to rip files from an audio cd into MP3
format.  Grip is pretty easy to use and works pretty well.  It is included
with Red Hat Linux 7.2.  The Grip homepage is at http://www.nostatic.org/grip/

Hope this helps,
   Brent