[TriLUG] Audio (CD Ripping) docs?

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 5 02:17:23 EST 2001

And there is yet something else to consider in this discussion!! You can now
purchase portable CD players and even automobile radios which can also play
MP3 files. You really don't appreciate MP3 files until you put a CD filled
with ca. 240 different pieces of music (which equals about 24 regular CD's
bought from the store!) and are able to drive ca. 10 hours without changing
the cd!! I have a MP-3 auto radio (Aiwa), a small MP-3 player which uses
CD's, and even a boom box which plays MP-3's, and all three of these devices
also play the regular Wav disks as well!! I predict that as soon as people
understand what MP-3 offers and purchases more of these devices, the music
industry is going to be forced to do something they definitely don't want to
do--produce and sell their own MP-3 cd's. Serves them right for not even
filling up the CD's with wav files now!!