[TriLUG] Redhat 7.2 on a toshiba.

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 22:05:50 EST 2001

Apparently you CAN get a toshiba laptop to work on rh 7.2 and probably
7.1.  I never found this before
http://www.xmission.com/~bradipo/toshiba/Toshiba_2100CDT.html#pcmciaadjust

in short:

4.3 Adjusting PCMCIA

PCMCIA is once again working. After perusing the PCMCIA-HOWTO document I
found an option that must be enabled before
rebooting or the PCMCIA modules will cause the kernel to lockup. The
elusive option is "do_scan=0" and it should be placed in
/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia. Here are the contents of my file

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS="wakeup=1 do_scan=0"
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS="-f "

-------------------------

I've got a pretty different model (2065CDS) but this worked like a
charm.  I'd venture to say that if you check:

http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/

the main thing you'd have to change is the PCIC line.  I was lucky
enough to have the same "PCIC".  Anyhow this has been broken since 7.0.
Used to work in 6.2...oh well.

And though I normally can't use redhats bugzilla because it uses
javascript window-open which I disable because of popups...  I've
managed to log this as Bug 55747 so maybe they'll fix it in 8.0
(assumption).

-Andy