[TriLUG] bash + escape key under rh72

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 7 08:04:01 EST 2001

>On my system, the configuration of which I have not modified,
completion
>works by either pressing the tab key, or by pressing the escape key
>twice.

Yes.  Redhat in their infinite wisdom have disabled this setting in 7.2.

>I found this out by reading (useless? not to me!) 'man bash'. And, mind
you,
>my comprehension of the material on key binding was greatly enhanced by
my
>long familiarity with emacs ...

Well I eat my words friend, I was about to middle mouse button the
entire thing into evolution (mail client) and say "point to the line
that says here's how ya make the escape key autobind", but as I was
nearly finished my eyes glanced across the line.  I guess my short
attention span made it look worse than it was.

Anyhow I use vi bindings in ksh and whatever it defaults to in bash.  I
find myself using bash more often especially having to go back and forth
between windoze and unix.

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com