[TriLUG] Re: Tri-Lug Project Hosting: was: [The FSF Europe recommends: avoid SourceForge (fwd)]

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Nov 12 14:37:05 EST 2001

Right now I am short on $$$ and equipment to donate, but long on time (for
the next few weeks anyway.... baby is due Dec 7).

Isn't the Sourceforge software itself available under an open source
license?  If this is the case, could we not host our own mini-sourceforge?
Give preference to projects hosted by TriLUG members and North Carolina
residents/students.

If we still have rack space available, would it not be more cost effective
(and secure) to put a seperate host in for this?  You'd probably be more
likely to get all of the parts necessary to build an x86 server from the
ground up before you would get a SCSI cabinet to expand Fatalpha.