[TriLUG] [OT] XBox day

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Thu Nov 15 10:05:27 EST 2001

> Hmm. I thought XBox was due today, and the original date on the
> GameCube was the 18th. (Nintendo told retailers to start selling them
> as soon as they get in, so they may actually be on the
> shelves this week).

Just called EB, and your right. They're in. Guy said he had a line out the
door.
I need to head over there and get it I guess.

> Probably a good idea. The specs are impressive, and it looks like it
> won't take much to outwith the bootloader and turn it intoa $300 Linux
> network station *grin*. It's that x86 archetecture inside, as well as
> my gut feeling that the bootloader is on the hard drive, and not in
> ROM like on other consoles...

So you won't look at me like I'm a freak if I show up at an install fest
with
my XBox? ;-) Speaking of such, is there one scheduled any time soon. Doesn't
look
like there's been one since May according to the web site.

JJ