[TriLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installation--Part TWO--the problems! accordingtoLockergnome's Penguin Shell

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Nov 15 17:35:38 EST 2001

al johson wrote:

> Gotcha!! I've actually loaded Mandrake before (8.0), and had great luck with
> it. Then I had to replace my motherboard which changed a lot of my hardware
> (new video card, sound now on motherboard, new modem card which had to be
> PCI [since you can't easily purchase a motherboard with an ISA slot], sound
> card on the motherboard, etc., etc.) so I thought it might be a good idea to
> wait and get a copy of 8.1 since 8.1 was coming out! I did read the errata
> page. It had one message that bothered me, don't use Supermount!! Now this
> was a program I've really appreciated in the past, but apparently there have
> been problems with it??????

Apparently, supermount needs to be rewritten for the newer kernels.
AFAIK, Mandrake is in the process of doing this and I hope it
will be done soon.  Supermount is one utility that I *really*
like... a lot...

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace at wayfarer.org | http://wtl.wayfarer.org/

  History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times
  of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to
  endure.  --  Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1989