[TriLUG] firewall books for 2.4 kernel

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 16 15:45:53 EST 2001

I haven't seen any new books, but the HOW-TO is outstanding.  With the 2.4
kernel you can setup a VPN with 2 lines of code and some routing.

IMO, you should stick to using ipchains for the firewalling.  I haven't
played with the iptables on a newer kernel, but the default that ships with
RH seems to have memory leaks (or other bugs).

Jon