[TriLUG] Re: X-box

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:56:28 EST 2001

>From: Michael S Czeiszperger <czei at webperformanceinc.com>

>I wonder if there's an open source alternative to TiVo? I checked on
>Freshmeat, and there's a couple of interesting projects, but nothing that
>would reproduce the functionality of TiVO.

I remember a project called "Route 66" by Maximum Linux. they got a Linux
MP3 server/player for your car, with nifty LED screens and all kind of
goodies. IIRC, they were working on a stream-meadia server for home
(Route66++ ??), based on Route 66.

A few hacks, and you can do a [Route66++ &&Tivo mod.] == [icr]Route66(TV) ??

Salut,
Sinner