[TriLUG] OT: Available again

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 16 18:16:48 EST 2001

Hi Everyone,

I'm still riding up and down the waves of the economic downturn.

I'm a Java (4 yrs) developer (6 yrs) who once upon a time knew C/C++
(bit rusty by now). I once knew *cough* VB *cough* <duck> and Assembler.
I know Linux best, Solaris second, HPUX fourth and *cough* Windows
*cough* <duck>.  I of course know the Linux "musts": shell scripting and
PERL.

Java experience includes mostly server side, EJB, JSP, Servlets, J2EE,
RMI, etc.  I'm not really a graphic designer type, so my skills don't
really touch in the aesthetic arenas.

I'm good with UML.  I'm working on being better.  I recently took the
$1300/pop Requirements Management with Use Cases course from Rational.

I'm looking for something that at least has some hope of being stable.
I'm hoping for something more architecture based software in an
organization with a desire to produce quality.  I prefer to stay busy
during business hours and will probably endlessly bug my superior for
more work in the event I don't have enough to keep me busy.  On the
other hand I would like to see my family from time to time.

I'm strongly motivated and self motivated to iteratively create better
and better software.

You can catch my resume at:
www.superlinksoftware.com/cocoon/andy/resume.xml?src=lug

Additionally, if anyone has some "odd jobs" or side work available, I am
already actively engaged in that.  I'm always in need of more.

If you would like code samples you can check out the POI project listed
on my taglines.  This is a project hoping to become part of the Apache
Cocoon project.  Once finished it will allow you to create fully styled
XLS (M$ Excel) compatible spreadsheets complete with formulas using
either the java API or XML (via a Cocoon2 Serializer.)  What is there
now:  POIFS of which I spec'd the requirements out for and Marc Johnson
authored, HSSF conceptual prototype - which I've written (its nearly
done with its first full iteration - already can generate/read/modify
basic XLS files).  The Serializer will be started soon.  Quite a few
docs and diagrams.  (Excuse the format of the model, ArgoUML is not
quite baked yet and doesn't really let you structure models very nicely)

Thanks,

Andy
--
www.superlinksoftware.com