[TriLUG] (no subject)

Elliot Badham Peele ebpeele2 at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 19 00:10:04 EST 2001

i also have a 8100. i am running redhat linux 7.2 with a 2.4.7 kernel. i
had no problem getting redhat linux to install. the only issue that i had was
getting x configured for the nvidia card. you have to download the drivers,
compile them, and write a XF86Config-4 file. if you need any help i have the
rpms already compiled and a working configuration, but of course they are
for redhat linux and not slackware. i will try post them soon at
trilug.org/~elliot so that people can get to them.

one thing that you should be aware of is that i have had trouble with the
mother board and proccessor. on thursday they decided to stop working and
so my computer doesn't turn on. the guy from dell should be here on monday
to replace them. when i talked to dell support about it he siad that he
hadn't seen this in the 8100 before, so it could just be mine.

elliot