[TriLUG] (no subject)

Marty Ferguson marty.ferguson at pobox.com
Mon Nov 19 09:56:39 EST 2001

The 3D acceleration in nvidia is done using an nvidia-contributed
driver, whereas other 3d cards are using the XFree stuff for the openGL
graphics protocols.

So, it probably would be distro dependent.  The nvidia module
would need to be tested against the kernel.

Marty
On Monday 19 November 2001 08:30, you wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, is this problem with nvidia cards and X peculiar to
> certain distributions? I bought and installed an nvidia based card a couple
> of months ago and my Mandrake 8.0 system had no problem at all recognizing
> it and configuring X for it.

Marty Ferguson
mailto:marty.ferguson at pobox.com        919-544-9575
Red Hat Certified Engineer   (RHCE #806199530900860)