[TriLUG] Digital camera recommendations

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 19:10:03 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:07:17PM -0700, Ed Hill wrote:

> I got one request but others may want it, so I put a copy of my
> perl program for Kodak DC-2xx continuous shoot/download/delete/
> repeat at:
>
>    http://wetlab2.mines.edu/~edhill/
>
> and it requires that you install
>
>    http://ods.sourceforge.net
>
> and set the environment variables correctly.  I usually (kernel
> 2.4.x) set:
>
>    setenv ODSDEVICE /dev/usb/dc2xx0

	While were on the subject, ever find a good way
to determine what device the camera ends up as? It's
_almost_ always /dev/usb/dc2xx0, but sometimes not. I
used to grep through dmesg and munge it out. Using the
usbdevfs stuff never really seems to work well either.

	btw, the usb hotplug stuff seems to work for the
dc290 as well.

Adrian