[TriLUG] Credit where Credit is due

Jeremy Katz katzj at linuxpower.org
Tue Nov 27 15:27:59 EST 2001

On Tuesday, November 27 2001, Andrew C. Oliver said:
> On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 14:15, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Glad you like it... one little nit...
> >
> > On Tuesday, November 27 2001, Andrew C. Oliver said:
> > > I'm still using the RH gnome on my laptop and even that is very usable.
> > > (I still feel more comfortable letting the gnome developers make my
> > > gnome distro, but thats another story).
> >
> > I'm sure our GNOME guys would love to hear that they're not the GNOME
> > developers, especially as several of them are sitting on the GNOME
> > Foundation Board.  :-)
> >

> Yes I know this.  I still like ximian gnome better *g*.

Any specific reason why?  I occasionally hear this and the reason used
to be that they had more up-to-date stuff, but that's not really much of
an issue now and I really am curious.

I have nothing against the guys up at Ximian, heck, I have a few friends
who work there, but I think that their packaging leaves a bit to be
desired, IMO

Cheers,

Jeremy
Packaging Snob :-)

--
Jeremy Katz
katzj at linuxpower.org	| jlkatz at eos.ncsu.edu
http://linuxpower.org	| Developer, NCSU Realm Kit for Red Hat Linux
GPG fingerprint: 367E 8B6B 5E57 2BDB 972A 4D73 C83C B4E8 89FE 392D