[TriLUG] Re: LUG: problems whith X

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Nov 27 19:31:49 EST 2001

Elliot Badham Peele wrote:

>>On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

[...excellent advice about irc.openprojects.net removed...]

Just a thought...  Have you tried different settings for the
horiz/vert refresh rates for your LCD?

> i have a laptop, so i don't have this choice.

I'm sorry, that does suck.

As a *last* resort, you may want to look into recent builds of XFree86.
The GeForce2GO is still a pretty new chipset and it will probably take
another minor rev or two of XFree86 for it to get better support.  You
may want to see if you can get it working with XFree86 out of CVS.

Ed

ps - I just bought a ThinkPad (ATI M4) partially in order to avoid
      nVidia graphics chipset problems.  I'm sorry this advice is a
      bit late for you but for others I *strongly* recommend that
      you research XFree86 compatibility before buying any laptop!

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher    |  Emails:   <ed at eh3.com>, <ehill at mines.edu>