excuse me?! (was Re: [triLUG] any clues?)

Beth Ellison leonardbernst55 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:19:36 EST 2001

>I've found Mandrake's "mandrake campus" to be pretty useful. I've been
>going
>through it and I've learned quite a bit about linux in general. Being a RH
>user, and might I add an almost "biggot", I would hope that RH would
>concider something of this nature.

The Red Hat documentation department has gone from two people to five
withing the past 3 years, if that. There used to be 2 books, now there are 4
and they cover more newbie stuff and more advanced stuff. We need more
people, but the money ain't there yet. We have an assload of new
documentation in the works, including security, sys admin, and networking.
Long story short, disregard any RH user manuals prior to 7.1. They've
changed dramatically since then and have tons of changes and improvements in
the works. The docs website is going to be a little slice of Linux
documentation paradise in coming months.

That's the end of my RH Docs promotional campaign. Thanks.

Beth

The "campus" is designed to teach