excuse me?! (was Re: [triLUG] any clues?)

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 28 12:09:32 EST 2001

In summation....growwwwwll  <grin/>

I agree, the RHM's are good for "getting started", if you need a quick
reference, buy a quick reference, a how to: read a how-to and if you
need an "Unleashed" big fat book, buy a big fat book.  I think the older
manuals were a bit confused as far as "who is the audience", but the new
ones I think do a good "getting started".  Then again, I didn't have a
manual to use when I "got started"..just the little pamphlet thing that
came with 5.0.

>"...scattered bits of cutesy tutorials/incoherent" my ass. Anyone who
>sits down with the *user guide* (the Getting Started Guide) and reads
it >from the beginning, like you should when approaching something as

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!

vote.