[TriLUG] linuxconf

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed Nov 28 14:35:43 EST 2001

Beth says:
> I used it in 7.0 and 7.1 and had no trouble. Whatever. The new config
tools
> are all better than the old ones. And their prettier, too, which we all
know
> is really the main thing...

Well there is a gotcha with linuxconf, and it is especially bad if you are
in a shop with multiple sysadmins (which is quite common in corporate
settings);  if you use Linuxconf, you have to always use it.  Using vi or
emacs seems to screw things up if you also use Linuxconf.  Maybe this was
fixed after 6.2, I dunno.  I use emacs myself, but I know my junior guys
sometimes liked using Linuxconf so I had to keep them out if they weren't
going to use a text editor.