[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.2 and Wireless Lan

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Wed Nov 28 14:58:31 EST 2001

Ok, I've been at this all day, and I've hit a wall.
I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 that I am trying to get set up for wireless
networking with a Linksys WPC11 nic.

I installed Red Hat 7.2, and then updated the kernel (and everything else)
using the Update Agent and Red Hat Network.
I am now on the 2.4.9-13 kernel, and I installed the
kernel-wlan-ng-0.1.10-0rh72_k249.i386.rpm, which seemingly installed
ok (no errors). I have edited /etc/module.conf to alias wlan0 to prism2_plx,
and the other files should be ok as I copied them
from my Dell laptop that is working with wireless (albeit on RH7.1)

Anyone had any experience setting this mess up?

TIA,
Justin