[TriLUG] good newbie book

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 28 20:13:46 EST 2001

Since most new linux users prefer KDE over Gnome this RH decision to prefer
Gnome is stranger still. (This statement is based on statistics I saw
compiled by the Mandrake folks, as well as some other magazine source I've
forgotten). The reason they prefer KDE is that it is more similar to
something they're already familiar with: Microsoft Windows.