[TriLUG] eepro.o as eth0?

Tomm Lorenzin skytomm at 1000plus.com
Wed Nov 28 22:02:00 EST 2001

Hi, all...  I'm Lisa's linuxnewbie Dad with the 100MHz, 64Mb (not 32 Mb),
4Gb, Optiplex (XM 5100) on which I'm trying to install and run a RedHat
webserver (merely for in-house play/experimentation - it'll never set
packets outside the firewall).  And, my monitor *is* a PoS, but it's a COLOR
PoS! <G> And, running x at 1024x768 - something it would never do under any
version of Winders.  (Thanx Mike!)  KDE looks really sweet on it.

And, thanx to all of you who came up with rec'd reading for me.

I have managed to "locate" the driver I need - "eepro.o" in the
/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/drivers/net/ dir, but don't know what I must do
next to get Linux to recognize it on boot.  Any suggestions as to how to
proceed?

Most gratefully appreciated.

Tomm "naughty boy" Lorenzin
Mooresville (Lake Norman), NC