excuse me?! (was Re: [triLUG] any clues?)

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:06:18 EST 2001

>From: "John J. Cruz" <casacruz at bellatlantic.net>

>For example to get the peripherals to work I had to re-installing
>printconf, modify the PAM modules, and the
>XF86Config file.  But the biggest and still unresolved problem is using
>the TDK CDRW121032 drive.  I can not
>get sound when playing music CDs.  Implementing sndconfig and selecting
>soundblaster allows the CMI8330/C3D
>sound chip on the motherboard to work.  It is not the audio cable from the
>CDRW drive to the motherboard.  In
>win95/rh6.2 I can/could play music CDs.

Maybe you have 2 CD units? One a CD and the other the CD-RW?

Try changing the configuration of the audioCD players. They are installed
and configured to point to the default CD drive... that sometimes is not the
CD unit where you have the soundcard cable. This happened to me with Kscd,
the CD audio player from KDE.

Salut,
Sinner