[TriLUG] Konqueror and basic HTML formatting

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:58:34 EST 2001

>From: gregbrown at mindspring.com

>Hey everyone.  I'm new to the list and I'm just getting back into Linux
>after a long walk through The Valley of Darkness (aka Valley of Microsoft;
>not where I wanted to go today).

Welcome, then.

>Anyway, I installed RH 7.1 with the Gnome and KDE and I've been using KDE
>as my interface.  My question centers around the Konqueror browser.  I like
>the browser, mostly because it gives me some options over what to do with
>cookies.  The Konqueror browser seems to work great with all webpages
>except mine.  My web page was written totally with either MS notepad or vi
>and contains no special formatting past <body bgcolor="#ffffff">.  When I
>look at my webpage with Konqueror it looks, well, like crap.  The colors
>are all wrong and the framing is way off.  Is this some kind of crazy bug
>with Konqueror?

Your page looks fine to me. I'm using Konqueror from KDE 2.2.1 (Red Hat
7.2).  Try changing fonts. Konqueror works great for me. ven with heavy-duty
Java (wit JRE installed) or Flash (Netscape plugins installed).

You might want to upgrade to KDE 2.2.2 (ftp.kde.org/pub/stable ): better,
faster KDE & Konqueror.

Also, I develop using Quanta+ , included in RedHat 7.1/7.2 . Great for HTML
development. I developed my website with Quanta+ (see bottom of page).

>The next question is can Konqueror be patched in some way to fix this?

Upgrade to KDE 2.2.2.

>The web page is at http://www.gregorybrown.com.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Red Hat 7.2 smp     Linux Machine # 38068