[TriLUG] ramdomly rebooting computer

elliot peele elliot at trilug.org
Sat Dec 1 16:57:37 EST 2001

i am having some problems with redhat linux 7.2. my computer randomly
reboots. when it comes back up the hardwarrre detection detecs my sound
card as a modem and then it just come up into a console rather than x.
once i reboot again it detects that the modem which is actualy a sound
card is not there and boots in to x. it will go on work ing for awhile and
i'll be in the middle of doing something and it will reboot again. i am
currently using the nv video driver rather than the Nvidia driver that was
causing me problems before.

elliot