[TriLUG] making module

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 4 09:17:51 EST 2001

Barry,

Okay, you should be using at LEAST be running 2.2.18, I think, and you
could be running kernel 2.4 if you could get it onto your system.  In any
case, not having Internet access on that machine is key.  Somehow, you
need to get the SuSE kernel's sources on RPM update onto a disk and port
it over to the Linux side.  Once the kernel stuff is there, then you can
go about compiling a new 2.4 or 2.2 kernel on your system.

Incidentally, do you use a modem or a network card for your connectivity
device, and do you know what make/model that modem/card is?  You need that
information to track down what modules you need to get that device
workable under your kernel.

Good luck,
Ben Pitzer