[TriLUG] peripherals

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:57:31 EST 2001

>From: Michael Bell <michael.bell at acm.org>
> > Any internal CD-burner (IDE, SCSI) should work OK on Linux (any).
>Since you brought it up... I tried last weekend to get my IDE drive to
>write, using cdrecord and was unable to. I have recompiled the kernel
>for scsi support, loaded the ide-scsi module, and altered modules.conf
>and lilo.conf.
>Can anyone tell if I am missing anything? I run debian, is
>there a document with steps to follow that someone has used? (I have
>read the CD-writing howto)

Michael,

Do you really readed the cd-record howto ? www.ibiblio.org -> Linux
documentation project -> HOWTO's . It's pretty clear to me.

Also, can you see the scsi modules loaded? lsmod

Can cdrecord find the scsi cd-burner? cdrecord --scanbus

What do you try? what error message do you get?

Salut,
Sinner