[TriLUG] icecast and xmms

D. McLamb dmclamb68 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 18:16:48 EST 2001

As an alternative,  you may want to try "agatha" (go to freshmeat.net and
search for agatha).  It's a PHP based web app that will allow you to browse
and stream individual mp3 files as well as create playlists that you can
save and listen to.  Only apache and PHP are needed.

I downloaded it last night, adjusted one configuration file to point to my
mp3 folder and bang, instant streaming mp3 server.  This is pretty straight
forward and does not require intricate knowledge of PHP at all.

As of yet, no problems listening from the LAN or from work.  YMMV.

Cheers.

D. McLamb
dmclamb72 at linuxmail.org
http://ddm.dnsalias.net