[TriLUG] NEW "winter wonderland" song

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 7 19:16:53 EST 2001

OUR UNSTABLE LAN
An original ditty by Patrick Kingsley
(To the tune of "Winter Wonderland")

Phone bells ring
Are you listening?
In IT
Neck hair's bristling
A server just died
We'll be working through the night
Trying to keep up our unstable LAN

Print server spazzed
It's horrific
A million pages
of hieroglyphics
A proposal's due at 8
Looks like we'll be working late
Trying to keep up our unstable LAN User downloads pornos on the internet
Gets a virus, brings our servers down We'll ask if he's the culprit, he'll
say, "No, man! So you guys must have broke it; fix it now!"

Error logs
Looking dire
Our mail server
Just caught fire
Got paged at 1 a.m.
Time to head back in again
Trying to keep up our unstable LAN

User emails 10-meg file attachments
Our network quickly slows down to a crawl
Four thousand users working for our company
And she sent "dancing babies" to them all

When it snows
We're all chilling
All IT's
Gone snowmobiling
The backbone's gone away
LET THEM USE PAPER AND PEN TODAY!
"To Hell," we say, "with our unstable LAN!"