[TriLUG] A friend of mine shared this article with me--comments anyone??

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Sun Dec 9 10:34:50 EST 2001

Al,

Personally I like the Lockergnome stuff, it's interesting to read his takes
of the install, and I for one don't mind these posted to the news group
every once in a while (not on a daily basis or anything though).  As far as
web articles, I would prefer a link to the website, actually I had posted
the same article you did except the link was to "The Register's" version of
it.  I also try to make it clear that it's an article in the header so
people who don't like those things can just delete them.  But you know, you
will never make everyone happy.

As far as Linux, again, I'm all for the KISS method at first, and then
looking under the hood once you know it isn't impossible.  Right now I am
having one hell of a time trying to get RH7.2 to install on my
server/desktop at home.  This is now my second weekend working on it, and I
think I have finally found the problem.  Apparently I can't use any of my
ISA cards in it?  Now this system installed and ran perfectly fine with
RH7.0, and I just decided to upgrade because of the 2.4 series kernel.  So
for now no modem, and no sound card for the box.  And trying to search
through RH Knowledge Base is a dead end.  When did they change it, I can't
even find any mention of a U.S. Robotics (3COM) ISA or PCI modem
anywhere.  Once I fiddle around some more with it, I may refer to the
wonderful resource of the list for help, but for now, more of a tackle it
my self thing (I'm a little past the GUI user stage :-) ).