[TriLUG] a kernel building mini-doc

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 11 13:05:37 EST 2001

Hello

This is from memory, but I believe you can do this:

cp .config config.jfd
make mrproper
make oldconfig config.jfd
make dep clean zImage modules modules_install

If not, look up the rule for oldconfig.  You might have to rename
config.jfd to arch/i386/defconfig or something.
I can't remember.

JD

rpjday at mindspring.com@trilug.org on 12/11/2001 12:46:23 PM

Please respond to trilug at trilug.org