[TriLUG] Securing /etc/fstab

Kevin Hunter khunter at rhoworld.com
Tue Dec 11 17:29:55 EST 2001

>Also, you don't want "noexec" set for /home; otherwise users won't
be able
>to run their own binaries.  Are you really trying to be that
draconian?
>I suppose that depending on your users it might be acceptable (you'd
want
>to put YOUR home directory somewhere other than /home in that
situation).

I'm only basing these ideas on what I read in various how-to's.  I'm
looking to this list to get some real-world ideas on what to and
not-to change.  Believe me, I'm not trying to be some kind of
over-lord or anything like that.  I just want t/b able to say I've
done a fair job in securing this web server.