[TriLUG] favorite CVS GUI?

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Tue Dec 11 21:01:14 EST 2001

On Wednesday 12 December 2001 12:36 am, Michael S Czeiszperger wrote:
> Can anyone recommend their favorite CVS GUI?

I've been using cervisia under KDE.  I've also used tkcvs, which was nice,
too.

> I'm looking for something which makes branching easier...

Creating branches or dealing with branches?  Creating branches from the
command line never seemed difficult to me.  Dealing with branches after
they've been created...well, that's another story.  (We're currently doing
work on 6 branches at work.  It's probably not a good plan for a development
team with fewer than a dozen developers.)  I don't currently use CVS with
andy heavily-branched codebase, so I can't really say whether these GUIs will
solve your problem.

I have found this book helpful in dealing with CVS and branches.
http://www.red-bean.com/cvsbook/

---Tom