[TriLUG] usb on linux

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Dec 13 21:19:46 EST 2001

I'm getting ready to pick up some "experimental" systems from a surplus
joint.  These systems have no PCI slots but they do have USB.  I've got the
USB keyboard & mouse & know that they are well supported under Red Hat 7.2.
However, does USB work okay for a network interface as well?  I'm not
expecting blazing performance here, just something that works.

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_dsk_sflex500system.html

They have cheaper version without memory or hard disk as well ($99).

What USB ethernet adapters (that are available locally) work well with
Linux?